(Ref. 483/2020) Functional/Technical Applicacion/Production Support
Request, Incident and Problem Management
- Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries and concerns and provide Level1 and Level2 functional and technical resolutions.
- Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems.
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments from presentation and application layers to middleware and databases.
- Monitor all application components and in-out data with the help of provided tools and act proactively to prevent data issues, performance issues or application crash.
- Ensures all support issues are correctly logged in the institution incident management system with relevant details (downtime, slowness etc.) and ownership of their resolution.
- Diagnoses issues: establishes their root cause.
- Initiates task force over critical incidents.
- Liaises with upstream and downstream systems support teams as appropriate.
Application and Batch Monitoring and follow up
- Monitor application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams.
- Updates the relevant Production KPIs.
- Monitor batches with the help of provided tools and act proactively on failed batches while being ensuring that the preventive actions were implemented to avoid the future failures.
- Knowledge Management and Documentation
- Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications.
- Provides support to end-users on how to use the application.
- Ensures regional support teams are trained as required for a follow-the-sun support model, in particular over new releases.
- Communicates a daily handover document to Follow-The-Sun support teams, where appropriate.
Continuous Service Level improvement
- Contributes to capacity management of in-scope applications: proactively tracks trends in application behaviour, and alerts Application Production and Development teams of any potential risks in the future.
- Ensures that all application support logs are fit for purpose, ie meaningful and actionable.
- Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools.
Maintenance and enhancements
- Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/pre-production and production environments – in particular for logs.
- Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks.
- Communicates Release Notes to internal users and globally based client service desks.
- Liaises with the IT development teams to ensure enhancements and bug fixes are prioritized, and completed as appropriate.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of change in staging and production ecosystem as per the agreed schedule.
- Participates to DRP and BCP exercises.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & upgradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work.
What do I need to bring?
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to Collaborate /Team Work in multi-location distributed environment
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving. Focus on Process Improvement
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to manage technical project
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to set up relevant production performance indicators.
- Prior experience of Production Support preferably in banking domain.
- Excellent knowledge of Databases preferably Oracle.
- Knowledge of Web technologies like preferably WebSphere,IIS, Web services.
- Knowledge on Linux, Middleware and basics of XML.
- Familiarity with Production tools like Geneos, Dynatrace, Service Now, Confluence, Univiewer, Autosys etc.
- Good Knowledge on shell scripting.
- Basic DOS Commands and Powershell/BAT Scripting.
- Knowledge of File Transfer protocol and tools like - CFT,FTP,SFTP.
- Understanding of application lifecycle.
Good to have
- Beginner level understanding of Network.
- Elementary knowledge on Siebel will be an added plus.
- ITIL certification will be considered as asset.
- Graduate in Computers/IT field with 3 to 6 years of experience.
- Flexible in working on public holiday and weekends to deliver production changes and participate in Infra activity.
- Available for on-call support
- English – Fluent
- French – Good to have.
What will be valued?
- Professional certifications.
What can Syone offer me?
- Integration in an organization with profound and sustained growth and involvement in pioneering projects with innovative technological solutions;
- Strong IT training plans;
- Professional evolution with intervention in ambitious technological projects, both national and internationally.