(Ref.402/2020) - SQL Developer | Data Analytics
An exciting opportunity has come up in our team!
We are looking for a Data Analytics / SQL Developer!
- Participate in an agile based software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analysing requirements; developing software systems;
- Aid in planning product development and timelines;
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analysing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic;
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components;
- Work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice;
- Identify dependencies and coordinate with other teams when required;
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform;
- Actively mentors intermediate and junior developers in Lisbon and both in London and India through pair programming and code review;
- Fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality;
- Provide 3rd line application support on a rotation basis within the team.
What do I need to bring?
- The candidate is required to be educated to Degree level, have extensive experience in the SQL Server, python programming language, data warehouse design within Finance and/or Investment Banking;
- 5 years developer (Design, implementation, modification) experience under SQL Server
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures (e.g. PL/SQL code) and working with data in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL etc. ;
- 2 years developer experience ETL in Python;
- Proven experience in Pandas;
- A strong level of autonomy is required, as well as pro-activeness and curiosity;
- Good level of experience in a delivery focussed development team;
- Experience in working within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries – Behavioural / Level: Expert;
- Proven experience leading a development team;
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines;
- Experience with Agile/Lean development;
- Wider IT culture & interest: OS, parallelization, network, machine learning, databases;
- Ability to write unit tests within standard frameworks;
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a fast changing environment, with a strong interest in continuous improvement and delivery;
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.;
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, inside and outside the team;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Strong developer and architectural appreciation, happy to develop;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities;
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written;
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions;
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges;
- Team Working in a virtual environment;
- Integrate the multicultural dimension: Works with other cultures and businesses, integrating different interpersonal and working styles in his approach;
- Able to work collaboratively with users and managers, and able to communicate in terms business oriented individuals can understand;
- Customer oriented. We expect our team members to act as technology consultants to our business customers.
What will be valued?
Financial Banking business knowledge (products / exchanges);
- Developer experience in SSIS;
- Data lineage analysis;
- Knowledge/ experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous Development best practices(Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory);
- C# experience.
What can Syone offer me?
- Integration in an organization with profound and sustained growth and involvement in pioneering projects with innovative technological solutions;
- Strong IT training plans;
- Professional evolution with intervention in ambitious technological projects, both national and internationally.